Dec 4, 2007

Things that go bump in the night...

We were aroused early, early this morning by loud noises. Frightening noises. They could have been made by monsters, they were that disturbing. But alas, the awful noise was made by a sweet and beautiful baby girl, who is not happy this week. Technically, she's not a baby. That's the problem. She's 18 months old. She can climb out of her crib and up to the top bunk to where her sister is sleeping. She can bang on the door and scream at just the right pitch that it makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. She can talk. She gives hugs and kisses. She is sweet. She can be demanding and she is not use to being told, No. The reason for the mayhem this morning, and this week in general, is that I am saying "No." No more nursing. This is so hard, people. It was never this hard with the others. I know we'll get through this. But if my posts this week sound less coherent than usual, you'll know why. Good grief!

9 comments:

Bertie said...

I hope this goes by very quickly for you! I'm so sorry - but YEAH!! At least it is closer to the end then the beginning:)18 months!! - You are a super hero:)

Jill Hunt said...

My heart goes out to you. Those sleepless nights are so hard. I hope it gets better for you soon. I will be thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck! It was always torture to me to listen to them cry for "mommy milk". It helped my kids to load up their bellies right before bed. No sugar of course. Prayers just for her help too. Again, good luck!

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Hang in there!

Loretta and Richie said...

Good luck Sonja! It will probably be harder for you than her.. just a guess. I'm sure once it is all over you will be glad to sleep through the night again.

Unknown said...

Good luck Sonja! Hopefully in a few more days you can have your happy back without having to nurse.

Sonja said...

Thanks for the support, guys. It's a little embarrasing to admit that last night was the first night Anna slept for more that 9 hours straight. Better late than never, eh? :D

Bertie said...

Whoo-hooo!! She did it!! That is awesome:) Congrats!!

Ice Cream said...

I have several nightmarish weaning stories, so I feel for you. I have to laugh about the monster noises because my youngest makes those kind of noises. No one ever fully believes me until they hear them for themself.