This week's green hour challenge was to have a picnic outside. How great is that? We were very excited to do this. Unfortunately, mother nature was not cooperating.I had some coupons for the Tulip Festival and thought that we could have our picnic up there. We waited for a day that wasn't raining or very cold and that we had the van. Finally, on the day my coupons were going to expire, we decided to go for it. I packed a lunch and we drove up to Thanksgiving Point. On the way we could see threatening clouds in the north. I thought maybe we could beat those clouds and have at least an hour to view the lovely tulips. When we got there the wind was blowing SO hard. Those clouds moved fast and before I could even purchase the tickets, it started to hail! We opted for the Museum of Natural History instead and ate our lunch on a bench inside.




It was fun. But we look forward to warmer weather and picnics outside!
8 comments:
We had the same situation here. It rained and it was cold most of the week so our plans for an outdoor picnic did not materialize.
You gave it a shot though and I admire you for that. :)
I was hesitant to post the challenge last week but my husband assured me that the weather was warming up pretty much everywhere.
Sigh.
Barb-Harmony Art Mom
Looks like fun! Now my kids want to go! They LOVE Dino bones!
Sorry we couldn't come today! Let us know what else you are planning and we'll try again! Kim
You see that's the problem with going "Green." You get all friendly with the planet, you pack a sweet picnic, you go to the point...and "POOF" 90 mile an hour wind and nasty hail.
I won't do it.
This is why plan Bs are so important. Yesterday we got to plan D before we were finally able to do something fun.
I love pics! I love how you didn't let anything stop you. You had a wonderful experience with your dc and that's what it is all about!
Plus you still got to see some nature =o) Angie in Ga
We've got to get to that museum! I'm sorry your original plan didn't work out though. You just never can tell with spring weather in Utah.
Wah!!! I want to move to Utah! lol I keep hearing about all the fun things you and Kristiana do down there and I want to do them too! ;)
I think we are going to make another trip to Utah this summer. I've got a file going with these fun places the 2 of you post about. Thanksgiving Point is at the top of the list.
Looks like despite the rainy weather you still gave it a try and had a good time! Hopefully the weather will clear up beautifully soon for you.
Melissa
Post a Comment