Last Sunday, Jeremy's niece, Lindsey and her husband, Brandon, and their sweet boys came into town to see Brandon's family and to bless their little baby, Luke. It was so good to see them. They are good, good people. I'm getting use to being a great-aunt.Seeing that little baby and holding him, even just for a little bit, reminded me of everything I love about little babies. I love their soft, soft skin. I love their sweet baby's breath. I love their bright eyes and sleepy eyes. I love the way they conform to your body when you are holding them. I love their fuzzy hair; Their wrinkled ankles and wrists. I don't even mind changing their diapers for the first 6 mo.
Ahhh.....the memories. Thanks Lindsey, Brandon, Kurt and Luke for letting us share that special experience with you.
And to make it even more special, their family fed us a really terrific dinner. I strong armed the recipe from Brandon's dad and was happily surprised with how easy it was to make. It doesn't get much better than 4 ingredients, right?
I wish I had a picture to tempt you with, but I know that the simplicity of this meal will be enough to entice you to try it. Trust me, it was DELICIOUS!
Chicken Apple Dinner
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast
1/3 to 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce (I used 1/2 cup)
2 or 3 granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
12 slices of Monterey Jack cheese (or swiss if you like)
(I also added some sliced sweet onion, because I loooove onions. And I added in some day old French bread slices on top with the the cheese, because I had it. It tasted good without these too)
Place chicken in 9x13 pan. Pour W sauce evenly over chicken. Place sliced apples on top of chicken. Cover pan with foil. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 min. or until juice run clear. Remove foil and place cheese on top of chicken and apples. Return to oven for about 5 min or until cheese is nicely melted. Sooooooo yummy and easy! Now one of our family's favorites!
8 comments:
i love the way new babies smell. and the way they curl up on your shoulder in a little ball and you can picture them in utero. i love the way they smile and flutter their eyelids as they sleep. that time goes by sooo quickly, doesn't it?
That recipe sounds so good!! I'll have to try it.
Sounds like such a sweet time for you! Personally, I got to go to the hospital yesterday and hold a friend's four hour old little girl. I really think their perfection literally seeps from their perfect skin. Does that sound weird? You know what I mean. I felt so good the whole way home....
I'm going to try the recipe!
That chicken dish sounds divine. And oh how I love babies too...and for all the same reasons. You described perfectly how I feel.
I can't wait to try the recipe! It has been too long since I've held a baby. I think I need to find someone with a baby just to be reminded of the sweet baby's breathe. That was always my favorite. And I agree about the diapers. For the first 6 months they almost smell good :)
Oh that sounds wonderful--and not too hard either.
Ooo, thanks you for this Sunday's easy dinner!
I am starting to get very excited about the baby, and can't wait for all those lovely things you mention here.
I love babies too- I know my days are over in that department..but I keep wishing! The meal sounds great too! I will try it out and let you know how I did!
Post a Comment