"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other." -John Adams
Happy Fourth of July!

Our town throws a HUGE celebration on the Fourth of July, called Freedom Festival. We went to several events they had, including the very impressive Colonial Days. We wondered how those actors stayed cool in those heavy clothes and boots. We can't wait for the fireworks tonight! We've been reading lots of great books about our founding fathers, the Declaration of Independence, and the Star Spangled Banner.

One of the Freedom Festival events is a 10K run. I did it!! My family came to cheer me on at the end. They're terrific! My time was 1:13:10. Ohh yeahhh.

Happy Fourth of July!
We feel so very blessed to live in this country that values the liberty of all. We have boundless gratitude to those who have fought and died to protect that liberty. God bless America!
Here is some of what we've been up to this week:
We had a fun baby shower for a friend who is having a girl, after having four boys. It was so much fun to get together with friends and laugh, eat cupcakes, and talk about babies.Here is some of what we've been up to this week:

Our town throws a HUGE celebration on the Fourth of July, called Freedom Festival. We went to several events they had, including the very impressive Colonial Days. We wondered how those actors stayed cool in those heavy clothes and boots. We can't wait for the fireworks tonight! We've been reading lots of great books about our founding fathers, the Declaration of Independence, and the Star Spangled Banner.

One of the Freedom Festival events is a 10K run. I did it!! My family came to cheer me on at the end. They're terrific! My time was 1:13:10. Ohh yeahhh.

11 comments:
Way to go Sonja!!! I finally got up on your blog. I loved reading about when you and Jeremy met. You guys are great.
A 10K?!! Wow! Congrats.
Sounds like a great 4th. Congrats on finishing a 10K.
Great Job Sonja!
I'm so jealous Sonja. I would have loved to run it with you. Hey, how about a 1/2 marathon in October? The Europe to Asia one in Istanbul. Let's do it together!
Wow, Sonja! I am impressed with your 10K run! What an accomplishment!
My family went to Colonial Days as well. We were so fascinated with the demonstrations they had. I thought it was a great time and we learned a lot.
Holy Buckets! That is awesome Sonja.
Great job on the race!
Congrats on the 10k..that is a huge accomplishment! I am so proud of you!
Geez Sonja, nice job on the 10K. Good time too!
The colonial days thing sounded really neat. I didn't know about that. I did go see the little booths at the festival though.
Way to go on the 10K! Looks like fun.
Post a Comment