Aug 13, 2008

Für Elise

Image hosted @ bighugelabs.com

From the very beginning,
it had to be your way;
Not on your due date,
no, a later day.

The waiting was worth it
for you were so fair,
and lovely and sweet
without any hair.

I'd hold you and rock you,
so soft in my arms,
and marvel at all of
your radiant charms.
My darling treasure;
My life's pleasure-
angelic beauty in my arms.

Today, my angel, she plays in the dirt
and romps without shoes
and spins in her skirts.
She's curious and bright
filled with confident might.
Laughing out loud with seven-year-old delight.

Happily still, she comes to my arms
and still, we are smitten
with her radiant charms.

Happy Birthday Elise! We love you!


11 comments:

Michal said...

the beautiful way you express your love for your children always brings tears to my eyes.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Elise. I love the poem. You truly are a gifted writer.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Elise!!!

Beautiful pictures, and a beautiful poem!

Amber M. said...

Your poem made me puddle up. Happy birthday, beautiful Elise!

Loretta and Richie said...

Happy B-Day sweet Elise!

Anonymous said...

Daaannngggg! That's a beautiful poem for a beautiful girl.

Happy Birthday Elise!!!

Anonymous said...

I'd have you write a poem about me but there aren't many noble words that rhyme with "chubby knucklehead."

Sea Star said...

What a talent you have with words! Beautiful Poem. Happy Birthday Elise.

Charity said...

Happy Happy Birthday Elise!!!! I hope you had an excellent day.

Montserrat said...

Very special poem for a truly remarkable young lady. Happy Birthday Elise!

Cranberryfries said...

I couldn't wait to see Elise today to tell her Happy Birthday! Elise told me all about her fun birthday. What a fun tribute, poem, pictures to her.