
I am ruthless when it comes to pesky houseflies.
Typically, if a wandering spider, or other such insect-type, happens to cross my living room, I carefully scoop him up with a piece of paper and take him back outside. I have a hard time squishing bugs.
But this is not the case with flies. I wield my kitchen towel with precision and power. Snapping those annoying, dirty, winged creatures into oblivion. Mwahh ahh ahh ahh....
Last week, however, I think I met my match. We experienced an onslaught. They were everywhere. I was downing 'em like crazy. And then I heard this voice. A very tiny voice with a Latin accent:
The next evening I spent much of my time here:
And this week, Inigo's curse has touched the rest of us. Perhaps it's because I mentioned that my schedule would work as long as nobody got sick. Maybe I cursed myself. (I haven't been leaving the milk out, dad.) In any case, it's not pretty.
11 comments:
Oh no! I'm sorry for you Sister Ames! But I did enjoy imagining you smacking all those flies around with a dish towel! ;)
Ohhh! I hope you are all feeling better soon, but glad to see your sense of humor is still intact!
you poor thing. i hope you went ahead and took a sick day. that's a bummer so early in the school year.
i hate those dadgum flies in my kitchen.
I'm so sorry! I hope you get feeling better soon.
Sorry to hear about the sickness! We must have spread it to you. This is a very creative write up:)
I'm glad I got a good fly laugh in before I heard you've been sick. Hope you are all better soon....
"Mwahh, ahh ahh!?" I had to look at that a few times before I could understand it and then I laughed out loud envisioning you, "Sonja Ames" with an evil laugh. It makes laugh right now to think about it!
Truly Superb post!! Super pictures!
I don't mean to pry, but you don't by any chance, happen to have six fingers on your right hand?
Sorry to hear you had to spend so much time in the um, oval office!
Curse or no curse, those flies totally deserved it!
Sonja,
I was laughing so hard. Thanks for the laugh it was wonderful - you're hilarious!
Claudia showed me this post and I laughed. Then on my way to school, I heard this story on NPR:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=94110463
Post a Comment