Feb 6, 2009

Flashback Friday

Because I miss my family and friends in Wisconsin. Because I've got a bad case of wanting-spring-fever and tired-of-cold-and-pollution-blues. Because I haven't had time to write anything.

I'm recycling the first post I wrote on Wonder Years way back in July of 2007.


FAMILY TIES
We had a lot of fun in Wisconsin a few weeks ago. We went to mummu and pappa's house for a family reunion. We met some cousins for the first time and others for the first time as adults. We had fun swimming in the river, boating, kayaking, roasting S'mores, and playing games (including Guitar Hero).

We got caught in the rain one day while boating with our good friends, Amy and company. Actually, we got caught in a storm--Jeremy was at the helm, the kids were in the changing room, Amy and I were holding babies and the rain came down and the wind blew. Still...we sailed on. It HAILED! Jeremy was being pelting by these huge hail stones, yet he braved the elements and stayed at the helm. I was so proud! Then we heard thunder. I wasn't too nervous until I saw lighting....But that little pontoon boat got us safely home. Wet and cold, but safe.

Probably the best part of the trip was being with my whole family again. Erica came with her darling little boy Henrik. Mark and Mika were there with Guitar Hero. It was the first time we were all together since Mark came home from his mission 3 and a half years ago. I really feel so blessed to have such a great family. It was awesome to be with you guys! I love you!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the sunny pictures. They provided a much appreciated, temporary relief of the winter blues.

Amy said...

We miss you too! Thanks for bringing that post back up. We all remember how COLD it was on the boat and how the shivering kids huddled together in the shelter made out of towels in the "bathroom." Meanwhile we prayed that we would not get struck by lightning. I remember us laughing when it started to hail. That's bonding, I'd say.

The kids sure have grown!

Michal said...

july 2007 was when i started my blog, too! i'm so glad i found yours, even if it wasn't right away.

Angela said...

My biggest regret was not going to Wisconsin when we lived in Utah. Now we just have to experience it through your eyes.