
my melody and harmony
strummin' away on the banjo
i wake up so glad to hear;
to see, to know
you are there
i had no idea
just how happy i'd be
the clicks on the strings
joy, sorrow, today, tomorrow
yesterday laughs
shining smiles and tears
today forever
whispers tenderly fall
and blend in the notes
and make the music
the banjo sings
This much loved banjo player turns 35 today.
7 comments:
I like this little poem. :0)
I haven't heard a banjo for a while. My dad and an uncle used to play up at our reunions (my dad the guitar, the uncle the banjo) but the uncle has passed on. This kind of brings back memories.
Jeremy is the best!
Nice poem & Happy Birthday to Jeremy! Email me at srhanthony@yahoo.com and I'll invite you to my blog.
lovely poem (and photo), sonja. my dad played the banjo among other instruments. i miss him and those times we used to sit around and sing. i hope your adorable banjo player had a great birthday.
I've always wanted to learn to play the banjo.
Hope he had a great birthday!
Beautiful poem, Sonja!
Happy Birthday (late, sorry!) to the banjo-ist!!!
(I'm fairly sure that's not a word, but oh well!)
Is there anything he can't do?
What a lovely and lively poem. You write so freely, I love it.
Post a Comment