
First you take some wheat (BTW--this wheat was in the can for 7 years and still sprouted):

Soak the kernals for about 12 hours and POP! out come the little sprouts:

Then place the little babies in some good, moist soil:

Make sure they get some light and stay moist and voila! beautiful green grass:

9 comments:
Very cute! Fun way to bring some spring inside.
Thats such a cool idea! I'm gonna try it!
have you tried drinking it? i'm just curious, as i know that is popular.
my kids would love this activity, and heavens knows we have plenty of wheat. thanks for the idea.
What the heck is that beautiful green stuff???!!
Sigh.
Michal...you know I've thought about drinking it. That's about as far as I've gotten. :)
That's it. We are starting some today. I think it will be a while till we can see actual signs of life outside. So, can you eat it too? Like a cow? I guess we shall see.
Oooo, thank you for reminding me to do this. Every year I kick myself for forgetting to do this in time for Easter.
We should try this.
Hey, I found a great site for Latin practice online:
http://www.studystack.com/Latin
A spent a very long time there today. :)
Very cool- I have a lot that I haven't canned that is still in bags- now I am tempted to experiment with it! The picks are of course wonderful!
Post a Comment