Apr 6, 2009

My friend and I


The theme this week over at I Heart Faces is: my friend and I.

This is a picture of Elise and baby Claire taken almost 5 years ago. Not much compares to the special bond of sisters and the joy that emanates from a new-born baby.

This picture was taken with our old 5 megapixel camera, originally in color and post processed in Photoshop CS4. To get the effect above, I took out the color, added a little "diffuse glow" (one of my favorite applications) and then copied the layer. The "overlay" effect of the two layers gives the photo the rich contrast and helped boost the detail to sort-of make up for the weak original.


8 comments:

GL said...

Very, Very Lovely!

Amanda said...

That look is priceless!! What adorable children you have!

Many blessings-
Amanda

Kate said...

Love this! Beautiful children!

Rachel said...

I am so going to have to practice PSE more! My photos don't look anywhere near this good!

Unknown said...

What a great shot. Can I take photoshop classes from you!

Michal said...

what a beautiful picture. thanks for giving tips on how you achieved this look--i'm still struggling with photoshop.

this brought tears to my eyes, as my sister is so very dear to me and my own daughter will have sister in a few months. i am so pleased to be able to give her the gift of a sister.

DaNiElLe said...

I just have to say that I love your blog, and that you have got to be the busiest mom I have ever witnessed. Thanks for all the entertainment you give me!

Sweet Peripety said...

oh that is toooo sweet. i love this photo!