May 5, 2009

10

He's ten.
He'll never be seven again.
Or four or six or two.

He's up.
He's up to two digits.
Not one anymore, nope, it's two.

He's braver and stronger
He holds his breath longer.
Smarter and taller,
He likes to earn dollars.
He's master of Legos and
Square roots and Potter
and flying a bike on the wind.

He's ten.
He'll never be seven again.
Or three or five or one.

He's loved.
For he's a true friend
a fun brother and wonderful son.

15 comments:

Strawberry Girl said...

Awww I know what you mean. Congrats to Sam for the big 10. :D

Strawberry Girl said...

(I forgot to mention how beautiful that picture is... good job!!)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Sam. I'm convinced kids have more birthdays than parents do:)

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Sam! That is a great picture!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sam!!!!

That is one incredible photo, Sonja!

:)

Cranberryfries said...

Happy Birthday Sam! I remember when I turned 10 because I walked around telling everyone I was a decade old. I even made myself a birthday poster and wrote 'decade' all over it. Fun

Claudia Orgill said...

Oh Sonja - that was so beautiful and the photo went along so well with the poem!

I've always been impressed with your son...(even though I've never met him!) I believe you can tell a lot about a person by what they look like(and what their mother blogs about him). He is full of potential. :)

Love your poems Sonja!

Alan and Jeni said...

Happy Birthday, Sam! What a beautiful photo, Sonja.

Melissa said...

aww, that was so sweet! what a cute poem!

Happy birthday to your son!

corinne said...

love the poem, love your photography!

Kelly said...

Okay, I don't even want to think about my boys turning 10. Right now they are 7 and I can't believe how big they are already.

This was such a sweet post.

I tried to email you, but I don't think you got it maybe. I am coming up to Aspen Grove in June.

rinarandkelly at cox dot net

Pam D said...

What a lovely post.. beautiful picture and sweet poem. My boy turned nine in February, and it's like they turn a corner and when you catch up, they're almost grown! Makes me just want to put a brick on his head and make him stop growing for a little while. *sigh* Thanks for stopping by my blog from I Heart Faces!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Sam!

How long can you hold your breath?

What is the square root of 64?

We will test you out this Summer.

You ARE a true friend!

Love, The Baetens

Michal said...

great photo and poem. you have such a way with words. happy belated birthday to sam.

Layla said...

That is an incredible picture of him. I think it captures him well!