'Deep, mystic blue with hints of blueberry purple that is soaked at the bottom in an ethereal wash of lightest amber flecked with the most brilliant coral.'
How can anyone have just one favorite color?
That's how the day began on our annual trip to Wisconsin. We go through 6 states and travel about 1500 miles to get there. Lots of time to ponder colors and life.
I was really hoping the serenity of that morning would last the whole trip. That my children would quietly ponder with me the mysteries of life, reflect on the beautiful surroundings and marvel at the majesty of the one who created it all. Yes, I would have the audacity to hope that.
My friends, that dream was not realized. Not this time.
Nevertheless, here we are safe and sound. The green forest, inviting waters, and most importantly, much loved family and friends are here reminding us why we make the trek.
Here's a little of our week:
Thats Amy and her family, my mom, me and mine, and my sister and hers. The dogs don't belong to us, but a few of my kids wish they did.

We visited a farm with horses...


...and ostriches!

Check out this ginormous nest.

We've found a few other nests too. We think this one is a hummingbird nest.

These are killdear eggs.

The "chicken lady" shared this delicious treat with us. It didn't come from the chickens.

It came from bees! The best honey we've eaten.

Check out the comb. Isn't it fascinating?

Elise and her friend B. got to take home lots of treasures.

The "chicken lady" found time to build and maintain a beautiful garden when she wasn't bee-keeping, tending chickens, goats, dogs and lamas.

This is the "chicken lady." We only call her that because she keeps chickens and fills up my mom's basket with beautiful, colored eggs. Maybe we should call her Wonder Woman, or Mrs. Incredible.

We've also been swimming in the river, kayaking and just lounging about. I've been practicing photog and posting the results here.
We hope you are well and savoring all the colors, sights, smells and tastes of summer!
4 comments:
I'm soooo glad to hear you are safe in Wisconsin! I've actually been a little worried about you since I haven't seen a new post in a little while. Please tell your mom and sis I say hi and have a wonderful time! I clicked through to your photo blog. You are taking some amazing photos. I've been considering taking a photography class..... maybe I should just come spend time with you:)! Love ya
What wonderful adventures you are having!! Be safe and have fun!
Glad you made it safely. Can't wait to see more pictures and hear more Wisconsin adventures this next few weeks.
I am glad you specified that the treat did not come from the chickens. I would like to specify that the girls' treasures included dead bee fragments.
See, they do marvel at the majesty.
Post a Comment