Jul 30, 2009

The Nearly Perfect Day

"Mom, have you blogged about the nearly perfect day yet?"

"Um, no. Maybe you should blog about it, Sam."

"But mom, you are the one who loves blogging. You should do it so I can read about it later and remember how I once had a nearly perfect day."

"Oh all right. You may never get a nearly perfect day again."

"True."

The sky was gray and threatened to rain. We had a few sprinkles on the way to Green Bay, but only enough to cool down the hot day to almost perfect weather.

We stopped here first.
train7

This was a really cool place. We saw lots of old engines and even got to go inside some old cars. Do you remember the huge coal train? Do you remember imagining what it would have been like to shovel hot coal all day into the HUGE fiery furnace?

Then we got to ride on a train. The train whistle was LOUD.
trainmuseumj2

train9

train8

All in all, it was a fun ride. Do you think Anna liked it?
trainmuseum3

I think everyone had fun. Even when we were waiting for the train to go.
train-museum

I liked some of the older trains.
trainweb

There was this tall structure that we climbed. I got so nervous about all you kids being up so high and playing around.
train5

The view from the top was pretty neat.
train4web


We drove by Lambeau Field, which means nothing to you right now, but someday it might.









After that we went to Bay Beach. I didn't take my camera, because I just wanted to have fun with you. There were so many fun rides! You got to go with your friends on lots. In fact, I think one of the best parts of the whole day was just being with our friends and family.
matchingkidsweb
I absolutely love the matching shorts that Amy made. Thank you, Amy!

After Bay Beach we went to the B's grandma's house and swam in her pool. Do you remember how much fun that was? We had a yummy dinner and you got to play some more.

When we got in the van to drive home, you said, "You know what? I think this day was nearly perfect."
"Just nearly perfect?" I inquired, thinking this had all the makings of a perfect day.
"It would be absolutely perfect if dad were here, H. was better (Our little cousin got really sick on this day, we felt so bad for him and his mommy), and if you would take us out to ice cream right now."
"You can't have it all, son."
"I'll settle for nearly perfect."

4 comments:

GL said...

Sweet!

Loretta and Richie said...

I love that there are trains and planes, rides, and swimming on a nearly perfect day. It sounds like Ice Cream and Dad would have made it perfect!

Amy said...

I knew it! I knew we should have stopped at Zesty's.

We agree that this day goes down as one of the most perfect days. Sharing it with all you P's is what made it so good. Ahhh, I also enjoyed the part when we made the emergency stop for Claire. It was hard to see poor little H feeling yucky, though.

That picture of Sam and Ian is the best!

XO

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

That does look like a nice day! My kids have been telling me what to blog about too, lol!