By here, I mean we're in Washington state.
This is where it all began for me and Jeremy. We met almost 13 years ago.
We lived here the first 6 years of our marriage.
I moved here when I was 14. That means 9th grade, where I met my best friend, Loretta. I didn't meet Jeremy until I was 19. Isn't that crazy? I suppose it's because he's 3 years older than me.
Jeremy was born and lived his whole life here. That means, when we go driving around, he points out to our kids where he went to elementary school and laments all the housing and business development around his neighborhood. He can remember when that store was so and so's house, when the huge sprawling mall was just a hill, and when you could see all the way to Mt. Ranier, before the trees got so big.
Most of his family is here.
Two of our four children were born here.
The air is thick with nostalgia and misty rain. Can you believe it? The week we come the weather decides it's time to stop the sunny warm streak and send the rains. Ah well, I suppose that is the way it is suppose to be. Today we thought we'd luck out, but while we were at the beach, it started to rain. It was nice, actually.
We're here for a family reunion. I got so lucky when I married Jeremy, because I inherited a great family. Now I'm doubly blessed and my kids are just the luckiest kids on the planet.
We've been playing lots of games.

And laughing at Grandpa. He makes us laugh.

Blackberries grow every where here. We picked these across the street from my in-law's house. They are sooo tasty and ripe. I made a yummy blackberry crisp today.

We love checking out the wild life.


And visiting our Puget Sound.

Letting the salt air fill our sinuses. Gosh, it's good to be by the sea again.


There was treasure all around. Elise was in heaven.

I want to write more, but I'm exhausted.
Just wanted to let you know,
it's good to be here.
2 comments:
I love you Sonja! I have great memories of Washington and especially of 9th grade on.... I'm glad you posted cause I was starting to wonder if you were ok! I love the pictures... the blackberries look yummy! Hope you are having fun.
I just spent a few moments getting caught up and, as always, your photos take my breath away!! I've sure missed reading your posts and am so glad to be back online finally!
Please let me know if you come back our direction...we can SHARE a brownie:-)
Post a Comment