Jul 5, 2009

Our Five-Year-Old Cupcake

claire-bday
She's Five!
She wanted cupcakes for her birthday.
She helped me decorate them.
They were yummy.



claire-flag
Claire was born a week early.
I've always wondered if the fireworks had anything to do with that.


I feel like I've known Claire forever.
I guess I feel that way about all my kids.
When Claire was a baby, she would look at me with her beautiful, earnest,
soul-full eyes and I would just be in awe.
She could communicate so much
at a very early age, just with her eyes.



Claire is fun!
She loves to run, jump, climb, bike, scooter, and play!
She also really likes to play games.
Her favorites are:
Animal Bingo, Guess Who?, The Tea Party Game, Candy Land,
Waterworks, and Memory.


She is gentle and sweet.
She is very sensitive to everyone's feelings.
She wants to make others happy.
She cried at the end of "The Little Princess."
She loves to dress up and pretend to be a mommy.
She will be a wonderful mommy someday.
I'm so thankful for this beautiful little girl and all she adds to our family.

(This is the grass in our backyard! It's awesome!)

6 comments:

Layla said...

Happy Birthday Claire! I've always thought she was a brilliant little girl!

Cellista said...

Happy Birthday Claire!!!

Beautiful post, Sonja!

and your grass is amazing!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Claire. And grass, how exciting!!!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Claire! What a beautiful little girl!

Brent Hope said...

That is one beautiful young lady. Happy Birthday Claire!! You know, Claire taught my family how to do the "flamingo walk." We'll be forever grateful.

I like your lawn!!

Michal said...

happy birthday, claire! sonja, you do such a good job of capturing her soulful eyes in photos.

and congrats on the grass! i'm jealous.