Aug 12, 2009

The greatness of eightness


Elise is turning eight! Jeremy and I sat down with her for the following interview:
Us: So Elise, are you excited about your birthday?
Elise: Yep.


Us: It's a pretty special birthday.
Elise: Yes! I can't wait to be baptized!


Us: What will happen when you are baptized?
Elise: I make a covenant, which means I will promise Heavenly Father that I will try to be good and that if I make a mistake I will repent.

Us: That's right. And what does he promise you?
Elise: That I can have his spirit with me forever.


Us: So in your eight years, what is the funniest thing you ever did?
Elise: That time Claire and me went slip and sliding in our swimsuits in the mud. It was great.

Us: Can you make a funny face?

Us: What's your favorite thing to do with Sam?
Elise: Play outside with him. He's teaching me how to play basketball and shoot hoops.


Us: What's your favorite thing to do with Claire?
Elise: Dance.


Us: How 'bout with Anna?
Elise: Dance too.


Us: And Dad?
Elise: Cook pancakes.

Us: And Mom?
Elise: Help her choose out pictures.


Us: Do you think you have a good life?
Elise: Yes! I have the nicest family ever! So many great cousins, grandmas and grandpas, aunts and uncles. I just have a great life.

Us: What is your favorite toy?
Elise: Spike. (Her stuffed dragon) He's a great comfort and friend. I can use him as a pillow, blanket and toy!

Us: What is your favorite animal?
Elise: Giraffes. Especially baby giraffes.

Us: What is your favorite game?
Elise: Chinese Checkers.

Us: What is your favorite thing to learn about in school?
Elise: I love writing. Poems, stories, recipes, and drawing.

Us: We love you.
Elise: I know.

Us: How do you know we love you?
Elise: Because you keep telling me!


We do love our little Leesybeesy.

14 comments:

Becky said...

What a sweet interview. Great idea and a wonderful keepsake. So cute!

Sarah said...

Cute interview! Way to preserve it. Happy Birthday to Elise!

Amber M. said...

What a wonderful girl you have! Happy birthday, Elise! And you're right...eight IS great!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Elise!

corinne said...

DARLING! i do hope you are taking her to the zoo here often as there is the cutest baby giraffe i have ever seen, and it is just getting bigger and bigger each day!

Amy said...

Happy birthday Elise! You are great! We love you! Guess what-- Biene made you a little surprise and left it in your room!

Sonja! We made it back. Whew. Brutal. And wow! Way to capture all those classic Elise postures! Love ya!

Tara said...

Happy Birthday to Elise, I can't believe how old she is getting...so wise!

Cranberryfries said...

She's such a delightful little girl! Happy Birthday Elise

Jennifer Brammer said...

What an awesome interview! She is so smart! Happy Birthday to Elise! Your kids are so cute! I love it!

Michal said...

adorable interview, adorable photos. love it.

GL said...

Elise is a like a beautiful ray of sunshine! Quite lovely!!

Ice Cream said...

Cute. I love how it looks like she is licking her arm in that one photo. =)

~~Heidi~~ said...

I can't believe she is 8, i still remember when she was in Nursery with us. Wow Time goes by way to fast!

benandcorinne said...

That interview was precious! It reminded me of the old baptism video of the boy who falls down a big hole...just the way the picture go with the dialogue. :) Elise is terrific!