That's kind of representative of our society today, isn't it? Just little tid bits of information here and there. Well, I suppose it's better than nothing.
& My heart is aching, as I'm sure yours is, for Haiti. While we may feel pretty helpless, looking at all the death and destruction through a screen in the comfort our own homes, we can share our blessings with those in need. May I suggest LDS Humanitarian Services? Because they enlist many volunteers, 100% of your donation goes to the relief effort. If your heart still needs some consolation, look around your own neighborhood and even in your family for ways you can serve, uplift, and help your fellow brothers and sisters. Right here. Service is a healing balm for aching hearts.
& Best Sunday School Quote:
The creation proposed happiness, the fall allowed happiness, the atonement restored happiness, and eternal life IS happiness.
& A dear friend of mine started up a fabulous new blog with some other incredible ladies. It's got all kinds of wonderful tidbits (and some nice juicy morsels as well). This month they are hosting a TON of giveaways. I highly recommend you go check them out.

They call themselves, "A Little Great." I think they are A LOT great.
& After dealing with rashes and tummy aches for way too long, we've taken the plunge into gluten free waters. It has helped Claire a lot. Can I just say that the rash alone has been a nightmare? We noticed an improvement within about a week after taking out the wheat products for her. This week we will start the process of testing her for Celiac Disease. It's more common that I thought. While we've been super reluctant to let go of our dearly beloved ultra processed wheat products, here are some of the gluten-free products we like so far:

We'll be sure to post great finds when we come across them and would LOVE any suggestions that you might have.
& A very special friend gave Sam and Elise these wonderful hand soap dispensers for Christmas.
(They've been well used for a month, as you can see)

I think they are such a neat idea and want to remember this for gifts next year. I think it would be especially fun if you taught a primary or young woman's class.
& Yes, I had a birthday. The cake was deliciouso. (It was not gluten-free)

& Here's what Sam and Elise were doing on my birthday.

They are having a fantastic time in Kauai. (Heidi, Elise said she saw Nic! How fun!)
Tomorrow they are going on a helicopter ride. I can't wait to hear all about it!
9 comments:
sonja, thank you so much for linking my blog!
also, i did not know about the celiac thing - so sorry about the brownies! i hope you figure that out soon, no fun. rochelle had a peanut allergy with caden for a long time.
and finally... your photography! you are amazing. i am in awe of you!
No fun for you on the gluten-free diet (although, speaking from experience, changing the way you eat gets easier once you start...). A good friend of mine has been living gluten-free for over 10 years, and she has a great blog you should check out. (http://glutenfreefavorites.blogspot.com). Good luck! And I hope Claire gets feeling better soon!
my mil has gone gluten free, but she hates it. i've been toying with the idea for years, as many kids on the autistic spectrum respond well to a gluten free diet-- but i've been too wimpy to try it out on my family.
the good thing is that there are a lot of products on the market these days, since gluten allergies are on the rise. and by the way, you may already know this, but that oatmeal does have gluten--it just doesn't have wheat gluten. some people are only allergic to the wheat, but those allergic to gluten in general can't have oats either.
good luck!
how fun, looks like they are having so much fun, and they get to stay in what we think is the nicest hotel on Kauai. They have the neatest pools there! I bet they will love their helicopter ride, I know I did when we did it. There is just nothing else quite like it! Hang in there, they will have so much to tell you when they get home!
Off to check out the new blog...my friend is gluten-free, and I don't knowhow she does it. But I hope that is continues to help your family. Then it's worth the sacrifice.
Feliz Cumple!!!
How very fun for S&E!
I would like to know how the labels were made and applied to the soap dispensers. Those are awesome!
Happy Birthday Sonja! Hope you enjoyed your cake. Looks delicious! Sorry I'm not there to eat half of it for you, cuz I would.
Your cake looks delicious! Please do share (the recipe, that is).
We have been living gluten free for 5 years at my house. E-mail me or send me a post on Facebook if you want some helps about GF cooking. I went visiting teaching today and the sister I VT was diagnosed with gluten intolerance in December. So, we spent lots of VT time talking about GF cooking today. Good luck! It may seem hard the first year, but it will get easier. And, celiac is hereditary so if she has it you probably want to get all your kids tested, too, and possibly you and Jeremy because they got it from somewhere!
Post a Comment