May 24, 2010

The Fourth Miracle

Your fingertips, covered with hot pink nail polish.
anna22010

Your gray-blue, stormy eyes.
 anna42010

Your rosy morning cheeks pressed against mine.
anna72010

The way your lips disappear when you smile. Where do they go?
 anna112010

Your corn silk hair, billowing behind as you run very fast to catch your sister.
anna92010

Your voice being little as you strum the banjo-uke.
 anna62010

Your voice being very big as you release the larger-than-life emotion inside you.
anna52010

Your small, strong hands holding my face as you tell me about something important.

Your energetic little legs, covered in bumps and bruises from the trees, scooters, bikes and walls you conquer.

Your lashes, as they fall gracefully, peacefully to your cheeks while you sleep in my arms.
anna 2010

Your bright mind, recalling conversations and songs from weeks and months ago.

I loved you before you were born.
For a brief moment in time, I was told I might not hold you or know all these wonderful things about you. My heart still stings as I recall the time. We were given a miracle. Truly we were. Maybe you know it. Maybe that's why, at such a young age you seem to live life to the very fullest. 
Perhaps it makes me all the more aware of the beautiful little things that make you who you are. We will love you forever. Our lives would be incomplete with out you,
darling little four year old.

anna32010

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Anna! Where has the time gone? I can't believe she is four. I still remember that day in your apartment that I came to visit teach you by myself and I was so nervous because you were the RS pres. And you were so sweet and I was so amazed at how well you managed your 3 kids being so far along with your 4th. And I told you I was expecting my first, and we talked about babies and childbirth. Your were an inspiration to me then - and still are. I'm so glad we became such good friends.

Sarah said...

Beautiful pictures! Happy Birthday Anna!

corinne said...

tears in my eyes again at the beauty of your talent! your children are lucky to have a poet and artist as a mom. happy bday to anna!

Michal said...

beautiful. you are so amazing and you see the divine in everyone around you.

Amber M. said...

Happy birthday, Anna!!

What a sweet post, Sonja. And gorgeous pictures of your miracle.

Melissa and Luke said...

So very sweet. Brought tears to my eyes.