
We are in the middle of our annual pilgrimage to the big house in the big woods. This time we flew.
5 hours vs 48 hours.
Wow.
We've had plenty of rain, but not enough to deter us from swimming in the river, playing in the emerald green wonderland, biking, kayaking, and eating mummu's yummy rhubarb cake.
Oh my, we've done lots of reading. Lots and lots. This house is FILLED with books. And memories --old costumes, letters, yearbooks, pictures, toys that echo with other children's laughter.
We are relishing all the love and attention the king and queen of this castle bestow.
We've also played with our very dear friends. We love our very dear friends!
One of the highlights so far:
Getting really hot in the sauna and then jumping in the cold river.
Ahh.....summer, we love your long, carefree days.

7 comments:
I've been checking your blog every day for weeks now wondering where you disappeared too. Glad to know all is well and you're enjoying summertime! We start our 20 hour voyage tomorrow. Cant wait to see you when you all return from mummu's.
I'm glad I got to officially talk to you and confess my blog-stalking tendencies. I now have you officially on my google reader and can comment without shame.
Glad you are here, I could see many happy faces yesterday--you have so many fans who are loving your presence!! :)
A sauna and a creek? You lucky thing!
Love that first picture! Such beautiful children.
Just beautiful... wondering if you could reveal to me if you used an filters or not. If yes, which one?!
What an amazing gift to give your children-- a trip like that each summer. Looks and sounds wonderful. Can't wait to see you! I'll send an email so we can nail down details.
Hi nice readingg your post
Post a Comment