Mar 7, 2011

Fut-Tut: The Dog Mummy


By Sam

My name is Fut-Tut. Black as night, stretched as tight as leather on a drum, once I was a great cat chaser. I was the Pharaoh's dog and I kept the palace safe from cats. I would dash here and there, chasing a cat with a servant following me, screaming, "THAT CAT IS HOLY, STOP!" He would tell my master and then my master would yell at me. My master loved me.

My master loved Hippo hunting. He often came home with a giant hippo, all red with stuff coming out if it. They gave it to the cook, who disappeared for a few days. The day he returned my dinner smelt and tasted funny. I ate very little those days.

One day my master went to bathe in the nile and I went with him. As he was washing, a log floated over to him. His back was to the log so he did not see it transform into a crocodile. My master screamed to no avail. The crocodile did not like his taste so he left him floating in the water.

With the last of his strength, my master swam to shore. Then a lazy farmer came by, gasped, and took me and my dead master back to the palace. Once we were there for a couple of hours, a man comes by and just grabs me! The next thing I know, I'm dead and wrapped in cloth.

They put me in an extremely secret chamber in a triangle building, and I was never seen again. I am now a mummy, black as night, stretched as tight as leather on a drum.
My name was Fut-Tut.
Once I was a great cat chaser.

1 comment:

The Parmleys said...

Uhmm... Great story. But I think you were a jackel, not a dog. Wait. I see. You have species identification confusion. See your mummified animal psychiatrist ASAP.
love pappa