"I need a ring of power to rule them all, because my discipline techniques are not working."
I chuckled at her witty way of handling a tough situation and thought, yes, we could all use that ring sometimes.
Man, I really needed it today.
After a rather loud battle today (thankfully it doesn't happen too often), I learned something.
It's better to pray for help before things get crazy, than to pray for help after.
I'm so thankful to know that I can pray right in the moment for help. And I need it. Oh boy do I need it. My natural inclination is to battle my way to the bitter end and let the little offender know that mom is the supreme being! But of course I'm not. It's much more important to teach them that our Father in Heaven is in charge. Some how they are more receptive to that idea. When we pray in the moment, before the contention gets out of hand, we are helped.
We are even helped when we ask after things get crazy. But it would be so much better to avoid all the shouting and tears, don't you think?
Being a mother is overwhelming. It causes me to grow, to be lifted up, to come face to face with myself, and when I feel I'm completely spent, being a mother teaches me to be humble and ask for help.
Being a mother has made me so grateful for the help I receive.
Winter is almost over! And just like spring melts away the snow, peace that only our Father in Heaven can impart, melts away the contention. I marvel at both miracles and am SO thankful for them.

This picture was taken last month. I love those happy faces!
And I do love being their mother.
1 comment:
I think anyone who knows you knows that you love being a mother. I think that's so important for people to know. Being a mother is wonderful, even if it is hard sometimes. Blast it to the world. "I LOVE BEING A MOTHER!!!!" I'm happy for you Sonja, and I'm happy for your kids, and I'm hapy for your husband who has a wife who does her part. Love ya!
Post a Comment