Maybe, just maybe it makes me appreciate the time I do spend with them that much more.
We made a quick little trip across a few state lines to see my sister and her family for Easter weekend. She and her husband recently welcomed their third little baby into the world. He's dreamy.

In addition to fulfilling baby fixes, some also found their animal fix:

meringue fix:

wrestling fix:


and we all especially enjoyed our Mummu and Pappa fix:

On this weekend, my parents celebrated their 35th wedding anniversary. Yep, they flew all the way down and spent their anniversary playing Clue with us. It was wonderfully fun.
(I should have won though. I was robbed because of a mistake made by a tall, blonde, hunk sitting on my right. Good thing I don't hold grudges.)

My sister makes incredible cakes. Well, she just makes lots of incredible things, but let me tell you this: the cake was divine.

It was chocolate amaretto with marzipan and some other delicious stuff. Um...yum. Elise was lucky enough to help with the frosting:

Jeremy was lucky enough to get a high-five from our niece.

We got to spend some time shivering in the beautiful outdoors together:


Snow this late in April? You betcha. And we were unprepared.
We spent almost as much time driving as we did visiting, but it was so worth it. This weekend was a treasure. Time just marches on and the older I get, the more I feel the need to hang on to important memories like this.
And to take the time to make them happen.

(My sister and her good man.)
I'm pretty sure my parents have that figured out, the whole concept of taking time to make memories, I mean.
Even if it's just playing games and cooking together.
Perhaps that's why they've been happily married for 35 years.
I feel really lucky to have their example in my life.
I love you guys! Can't wait 'til next time.
3 comments:
I'm pretty certain that Claire's toothless grin in the picture with your parents is just about the cutest thing I have ever seen! And I totally thought the picture of your sister and her man was taken from a movie!
Can't wait to see you in a few more weeks.
I love all of your fixes. Very cute.
Beautiful Sonja! i just LOVE your blog as it makes me feel so happy seeing the fun you have captured in your gorgeous photography.
Post a Comment