Oct 5, 2011

Does the wind really bring change?

23_mary_poppins
I feel a little like Mary Poppins does about the wind. Sometimes you can just feel the change in it. You are certain it will come and perhaps the wind gently nudges you toward it.

As if having another baby were not change enough, we felt it was a good time to buy a house. The baby probably helped us come to this decision more than the wind, but nevertheless, here I am 7+ months pregnant and moving, again.

We are not moving far this time, thank goodness. Just a few miles away. We feel very blessed that this is even possible. It's been a while since we've owned our own home. We are looking forward to the extra space and the chance to personalize everything about it. We will sorely miss our neighbors and ward. Gosh! We've been so blessed!

So, today, after weeks of gloriously warm, golden weather, the rain falls and wind blows. Here I sit at the computer all alone. I should be packing. I despise packing. I should be doing laundry. Eh. The east wind compels me to write instead and savor this quite time.

I keep looking at this little face. Small little bubbles that for some reason like to form in my children's brain while they are developing allow me to see them later on in ultrasounds. Fortunately, everything is fine...but just look at that face! I can't wait to kiss those sweet cheeks!
baby boy
Only 2 more months! I'm so happynervouseleatedscaredreadynotreadytiredhappy.

It's hard to believe just a little over a month ago we were doing this:
_MG_9414
and this:
_MG_9423

The last few weeks we've really enjoyed the fall colors. Especially up in the canyon. I missed out majorly on a supreme photo opportunity one evening. We were hiking up Albion basin, the wild flowers were just about peaked, but still bounteous, and there were two huge moose in the meadow! And I didn't have my camera!
Sigh..
I also wanted to take pictures of my beautiful children.
Alas...
I just have the memory of it in my mind.

Here is one of my ten year old from just last week. That's right. I said ten. Eep!
elise fall 2011
And this is from her actual birthday:
_MG_9440
She is a darling, darling girl.

In fact, let me tell you how darling all my girls are.
_MG_1030 web
They have been giving me "spa" treatments at home. Yes sirree, I've been milking the "oh-i'm-so-pregnant" thing for months!
Behold, the banana and honey mask:
_MG_9337
And lovely salt soak with massaging marbles:
_MG_9336
Honestly, this has been the best pregnancy ever!

I also have a pretty fantastic boy.
_MG_8816
He is a good example to all of us and just a gem. A few weeks ago, after a family night lesson about Patriarchal Blessings, he felt he should receive his. We counseled him to pray about it and after he did, he set up the appointments to get it. We had a very beautiful, spiritual experience with him on Sunday as he received his blessing from our friend, Patriarch Reber. It was actually a very spiritual weekend, with General Conference and all. I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I love what it does for my family. I love how it helps me appreciate life and the hope it gives me for eternity.

So, does the wind truly bring change?
claire's hats web
I'm not sure, but Claire has loved changing hats and getting ready for Halloween.
And now I better get back to packing.

2 comments:

Montserrat said...

Wow, so many changes! You know what that means . . . . growth! And I'm not just talking about the growing belly. :)

How exciting he received his patriarchal blessing! My oldest has been waiting since February, but only because Grandpa is so busy being a temple president. Looks like she'll finally be able to receive hers the end of December when the temple will be closed for two weeks. Yes, she could have just set it up with our stake patriarch but receiving one from your patriarch grandfather is so much better!

Michal said...

Sonja,

I haven't been by in ages-- I've not been reading blogs much lately. It was so nice to read your last several posts. I remember why I love blogging more than facebook and why I especially love you! So excited for your precious new baby boy to come join your happy, wonderful family.