Nov 3, 2011

Dear baby boy...

In a little over a month we'll see each other face to face.

This is something I can barely comprehend at the moment. So much about the last 8 months has involved other people, worries, and noisy things, that I have not had much time to ponder how my life will change with you in it. Yet, there have been mornings, early, quiet mornings, when I lie very still and feel your squirming body moving inside me. You are there! I imagine what you will look like. How it will feel to hold you and gaze at your new little body. Who will you be?

Now that the time is close, I've been thinking a lot about the day you will come to us. I've read and re-read this beautiful birthing story. It reminds my that courage and trust are so much a part of bringing you into the world. I've also read and re-read this faith-building birthing story. It reminds me that when we are faithful we can expect miracles. Truly, birth itself is a miracle!
I'm especially thinking about this quote:

“Just as a woman’s heart knows how and when to pump, her lungs to inhale, and her hand to pull back from fire, so she knows when and how to give birth.” -Virginia Di Orio

I've looked through pictures and journal entries of the births of your brother and sisters. I'm glad your daddy will be there with me.

I pray for you every day. I'm thankful for you every day.

Your brother and sisters kiss you and hold you already. Will you recognize their voices and songs they sing?

Just wait. You will be so loved. You already are.

1 comment:

Sharalea said...

Beautiful. Perfect. I've been having similarly sweet ponderings lately. What a lucky little man to join your family :) Good luck and best wishes for these last weeks!!