Because of that number, I've been assigned to bed rest.
And more frequent visits to the doctor.
Doesn't that seem a little counter-productive?
Regardless, the blood tests say I'm ok.
The non-stress tests say the baby is doing great.
I'm actually really grateful for modern medicine.
I'm also really grateful for people who love me.
My parents flew in last weekend.
My mom spent ALL DAY Saturday making and freezing dinners for us.
My dad made pancakes in the morning and played with my attention starved children.
They brought wonderful coloring books that the girls spent hours with.
Jeremy spent the day fixing up things around the house and gave me a blessing.
My mom rubbed my feet, my dad put the girls to bed.
It was heavenly, really.
Just before they came I was fretting and so concerned that I was not going to have the delivery I was planning. I was worrying so much, I'm sure it was not helping my blood pressure or health.
Sometimes things don't work out the way we planned them. Actually that reminds me of the quote:
Life is what happens when you make other plans.
Or something like that.
Anyhoo...
I'm going to be induced on Sunday.
And I'm ok with that now.
It's not what I wanted originally and honestly I was pretty depressed about it.
After this weekend I feel I have no reason to feel sorry for myself.
Love is a miracle.
A healing balm.
I can't wait to share this love with my new baby.
I can't wait for Sunday!
5 comments:
Hooray for modern medicine! And wonderful family. Praying all goes well for you on Sunday!
Congrats on a new little one soon. I'm sorry things haven't gone as planned, but I agree that modern medicine is something to be grateful for. I doubt any of my kids are going to come into this world the way I had planned, but at least I know they can get here safely one way or another! You're a wonderful example of motherhood all of us who have known you, and your kids are as good and beautiful!
Love your positive attitude! Will be sending prayers your way for a smooth & beautiful delivery...so exciting!!
Thinking of you! Best wishes for your upcoming weekend! :)
Love you and miss you! With all my prayers for you and your sweet family.
Post a Comment