Dec 10, 2011

Better and better

My mom left this morning.

This makes me sad.

But I'm so grateful for all the help she gave us. She stayed (and cooked. cleaned. and cleaned. vacuumed. shopped. loved kids. put kids to bed. hemmed pants. baked cookies. helped decorate for christmas--see why I'm sad?) for a long time. Long enough for me to feel strong again and for Isaac to grow a little bigger.

My other kids: 8lbs 10oz, 8lbs, 9lbs 2oz, and 8lbs 15oz came out hefty and strong. They nursed like champs from day one.

This one is a little different. He was 6lbs 15oz and on Thursday at 18 days old, finally got back up to his birth weight.

But he is a good good baby.

And we'll get there.

_MG_1588
_MG_1583a
_MG_1576a
_MG_1577
_MG_1586a
(my friend, Kim, made this beautiful sweater. thank you, Kim!)
_MG_1601

So. next post...Christmas!

4 comments:

Montserrat said...

Wow, your experience sounds so much like ours with Gideon! And it was NOT fun. Thank goodness he is gaining weight now and doing better. Babies really are resilient!

~~Heidi~~ said...

he is so cute! it is sad when our mom's go home!

Sharalea said...

So glad your little man is gaining weight!

Love the pics, sorry you had to say goodbye to your Mama (Mine is coming into town this weekend so I know how excited I am to see her...same sadness for you to see yours go!).

I'm so glad she was able to come & stay so long & be the angel she is!!

Laurie said...

Oh my, he is just beautiful and so perfect in every way. Those feet are just killin me. I love how he was Baby Jesus in the Nativity. You are so blessed to have had your mom so long. Love you guys and miss you more