Dec 9, 2011

When upon life's billows...

This is how I felt last week:
_MG_1462
_MG_1461

A trip to the emergency room will do that to ya.

These are some lessons I took away from my experience:


  1. Don't take your health for granted. Ever. (That means listening to your dad when he says, "Be sure to remember to take care of yourself.")
  2. Be sure to marry a good, good man. One who will hold your hand and kiss you when you look and feel disgusting, tired and monstrous. I'm so thankful for Jeremy and have gained through this experience have a better understanding of what true love is.
  3. Prayers are still heard and answered, even if they are not the answers you were expecting. 
  4. My mother is an angel. I already knew this, but it was once again confirmed to me. We would not have survived last week with out her. I mean that, literally.
  5. Babies seem so fragile, and they are, but they are also surprisingly resilient. 
  6. Oh, I love my baby. I loved to hold him close to my heart and smell the top of his head and neck. His cheeks are petal soft, and every so often, when he smiles and shows that little dimple off on his right cheek, I think I've died and gone to heaven.
  7. Good, healthy food makes a big difference. It's ambrosia when someone else makes it for you.
  8. A friend in need, is a friend indeed. I am so blessed to have have many friends indeed. 
  9. Laughter really is the best medicine. I'm so grateful for my kids who make me laugh, smile and cry tears of joy.
  10. But actual medicine is also good. I'm thankful for actual medicine that keeps my heart ticking.


There's lots more I can say. I'm hoping, however that these pictures will speak for me, as I am sleep deprived etc, etc...

A jaundice baby and his father.
_MG_1410

I have all kinds of respect for new born photogs. I'm not one.
_MG_1446

This picture brings tears to my eyes. I love my dad. He takes such good care of us.
_MG_1404

_MG_1424

So many people love you Isaac!
_MG_1416
_MG_1556
_MG_1426
_MG_1513

3 comments:

Sharalea said...

I'm so sorry you've been "tempest tossed"...looks like you're counting so many sweet blessings to work through the hard things. I don't know what all is going on, but adding my prayers to the rest...your baby is beautiful and so are YOU!

Montserrat said...

It is no fun having to deal with a sick newborn! It was nice to see you counting your blessings even in the midst of it. Beautiful photos!

joseph said...

You have such a beautiful family Sonja! Congratulations on your newborn. I love the pictures of your parents in this post. They are two of my childhood heros. Such quality people.