I change a diaper, suction out a stuffy little nose, and nurse for a while.
Lots of thoughts come to my mind that early in the morning. Mostly I think about all my blessings and wonder how in the world I deserve them. This morning I was sad for the Cox family and all those who have been affected by violence in their lives.
I think about how cool it would be to fly, or if oreos were healthy.
Eventually I go back to sleep and then wake again at 6:30am with my little nursing buddy.
If it's a school day, I get up after nursing and go down to greet my other children. We read scriptures, have a spiritual thought, say prayers and have breakfast. Nothing fancy at our house, just cereal. Sam still eats his dry.
After everyone's lunches are made, last minute projects are done, hair and teeth are brushed and shoes are found, I kiss most my family and send them on their way for the day.
Sometimes I really miss homeschooling. I miss having all my kids around me and learning about cool things together. I have found, however that for me, no schooling situation is perfect. Right now I truly value the experiences they have at school. They all go to good schools. Yes, we've had a few negative experiences, but we did while homeschooling too. My kids have learned from them and it has given them the opportunity to test their faith. I'm grateful for that. I also am grateful for their good teachers and the positive influence they've had. We've been very lucky that way.
But I still miss them and look forward to vacations.
Shortly after the big kids leave, Anna wakes.
We have breakfast, get dressed, play with Isaac for a bit and then either do Anna's beloved workbooks, puzzles or games (if I got back to sleep after 2:30am) or watch TV (if I didn't). I've never been a fan of TV, but desperate times call for desperate measures.
By 11am we're reading and making lunch.
Anna is off to Kindergarten by 12pm.
The weather had been nice, so sometimes we walk. It's about a mile to the school. Anna runs almost the whole way.
Then it's just me and Isaac for a few hours. Some days I volunteer in Anna's class and Claire's class. Other days I have appointments or do grocery shopping. Often I call and talk to my mom or sister. I'm so lucky to have them! I also just sit and hold Isaac. I play with him on the floor, nurse him, clip his fingernails, sing songs to him. I LOVE holding him and this is the only quite time during the day with him that I have. He is two and a half months now and is vocalizing more and more. His voice is so sweet and I could just listen to his sweet babble for hours. Sometimes I do.
But then I look over at the kitchen or the living room and come back to reality. The dishes must be done and the laundry must be folded. Dinner must be started, because when all the kids come home it's chaos. They need to tell me everything that happened and I need to listen. I'm really glad that my kids are talkers, actually. They also love to see Isaac when they get home.
Afternoons are different everyday. Usually we have either dance, gymnastics, activity days, scouts, instrument practice, or other school activities.
We try to have dinner by 6:30pm, but it depends on what is going on that day.
Evenings folks are finishing up homework, reading and playing. We do a lot of reading. Actually, I haven't been lately, but everyone else does. I guess I do a lot of reading online. I need to change that.
Then, we have baths, read scriptures, say prayers and head to bed. The four older kids, that is.
Now, I must remind whoever reads this that my baby is still nursing every 2 or 3 hours. So in the midst of the busy day, that still happens too. Because sometimes I look back on the day and think I didn't get very much accomplished. But then I look at my sweet, happy baby who is getting chubbier all the time and feel satisfied.
I'm usually in bed by 11pm. That's after the last nursing, and time spent with Jeremy or photoshop.
I still take pictures too.
We play Settlers. Anna won this time. Sam's not too happy.

Getting ready for crazy hair day.


The kitty mask was popular this week.




Why the laundry is not done.


My days are very different today than they were last year and the year before that. I suppose that's normal. I'm very grateful that the constants in my day are my family and the gospel. No matter how the details change.
1 comment:
love!
My reasons for not having the laundry done are the same as yours :) Love this rundown of your day, I should do one someday soon so I can look back and remember. I am afraid I will forget so much of this since it's so busy and kind of *CRAZY* that it will all seem like a blur. It already has, these last 2 months...
Thank you for sharing your beautiful family!!
Post a Comment