Feb 8, 2012

Where I'm From

*Proud Parent Moment*

Sam had an assignment to create his own, "Where I'm From" poem based on the one by George Ella Lyon. It has reminded me how much I love poetry. I'm glad Sam likes it too.

This is what he came up with:

I am from honeycomb,
from the strange architecture of St. Josephs Medical Center.
I am from the cloudy ocean,
(dark and crab filled,
with sharp, pointy beaches).
I am from the wheels,
From the rain,
whose fair droplets from the sky I don't have to remember,
because they still fall today.

I'm from eyeglasses and contact lenses,
from Jeremy and Sonja.
I'm from the Roadrunners,
the Ivy, the Home, the Panthers and the Knights,
learning from each place.
I'm from the Latter-days,
from the Book of Mormon,
and Helaman 5:12

I'm from five different wards,
pulla and german panckes.
I'm from new beginnings
and old places.
The sadness I've felt when I've done something wrong,
the happiness inside my family home.
The joy that has given me sweet dreams
and a bright future.
I am from those moments,
and from them I am blessed.

3 comments:

DCHARRISON said...

This is very very good.

Sam's one smart cookie.

The Parmleys said...

Wow. This brought tears to our eyes. Thanks Sam! You are the best!

Claudia Orgill said...

Sonja - You had a baby! How wonderful! What a blessed little being to be a part of your family and have you as a mother.

He looks so much like the others - Congrats!!!

~Claudia