May 14, 2012

Treasure

Yesterday I thought a lot about the many gifts I've been given.
For Mother's Day, my sweet family gave me lots of cards, expressing appreciation and love.
My kids let me take their picture! This was a huge gift.
My darling Jerm gave me a beautiful bouquet of flowers, made yummy dinner and helped the kids clean up.
I cherish those gifts.

Later that night, Claire got sick.
All over the upstairs.
Jeremy cleaned up the floor, while I bathed our daughter and helped her back in bed.
She was not feeling well at all.
Before she went to bed she said, "Thanks for helping me, mom."

That little utterance was a cherished gift. She was so sincere, it filled me up with so much love for her. Not so much for the throw-up, but I would do anything for my children, especially when they are so grateful for the help.

I thought about my good man cleaning up the mess. It was a heroic act. I am so grateful for his help. The fact that he remains so faithful and kind is the best gift he could ever give me.

And of course I thought of my mother. Oh! How many times has she been by my side. Soothing my fears. Encouraging my dreams. Guiding, lifting, listening.
I am reminded of Christ's words:

For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. 

I will never be wealthy.
But the treasures I have in my life are worth more than all the diamonds and gold in the world.

_MG_4535

No comments: