Jul 18, 2012

Magical

I've really made an effort to have fun birthday parties for my kids this year.
It hasn't been a strong point for me in the past.
Pinterest is changing this though.
And being in a bigger house.

So, without further ado,
A very Harry birthday.

_MG_6360
First we had to be sorted. It was either Gryffindor or Slytherin.

_MG_6372
Next we had potions. Dragon saliva (bubble soap) with a goblin stone (dry ice) makes a bubbly potion.

_MG_6371

We also had a "keeper" contest where everyone had to find a "snitch" (ferreror rocher) outside.
They made edible wands. (pretzel sticks, candy coating and sprinkles)

I don't have pictures of these because I was running around like a chicken without it's head. I also had a baby in my arms.

But those activities were fun.

_MG_6374
One of the highlights was the "Bean Boozeled" game. Everyone spun the spinner and then had to choose a jelly bean of the color that the spinner landed on. It was either really yummy or really yucky. As in dog food, skunk spray, barf, centipede, moldy cheese, rotten egg, pencil shavings, baby wipes, yucky.

It was a hit, of course!
_MG_6381

_MG_6395
Opening presents is fun.

_MG_6401
Blowing out candles is fun too!

_MG_6341
Going to Zonko's Joke shop and Honeydukes Sweet shop is awesome! (So sad I didn't take a picture of the display)

_MG_6408
You can't go wrong with string spray!

But the biggest thrill came when we had to use our defense agains the dark arts skills against a surprise visit from a death eater.
_MG_6402
_MG_6403
_MG_6406

Special thanks to my friend Kimberly who loaned me a lot of her Harry Potter stuff!
And BIG special thanks to our cousins who came!!
And HUGE thanks to the one who got hit with lots of water balloons!