It's quiet.
Except for the dishwasher running.
The children are asleep.
Jeremy is working late.
I love my hard working guy.
But I miss him.
Jeremy left his cell phone at home this morning.
So I went to his new work place to deliver it.
He's teaching a class at BYU tonight, you see.
I couldn't have him driving all the way down to BYU tonight and back super late in a car that could explode any minute, without his cell phone.
Ike and I drove into the city and parked.
But just as I pulled into the parking spot, I heard a woman scream.
Another woman walking by heard her too.
Then we saw her. She yelled for someone to call the police.
Then I saw a young man jump into a white pontiac and quickly drive off.
The woman who screamed approached us and the woman who was walking by was already on the phone with the police.
Apparently some dumbhead (the computer doesn't think that is a mis-spelled word, btw) tried to mug her IN BROAD DAYLIGHT.
The saddest part is that there was a woman and a child in the car too.
So, now with trepidation, I put Ike in the stroller and we walked a block to Jerm's work building.
It was kind of thrilling to see him in work mode.
He is sunshine to my soul. A tingle down my spine. Still...after all these years.
I don't often get to see this whole other side of him. The side that takes him away for most of the day but makes it possible of us to buy a home, have good food, nice clothes, fun activities, cars...etc.
Everyone there seemed nice. And Ike was charming.
While I was driving home I listened to the announcement of a new pope, Pope Francisco, from Argentina.
When I got home, I planted a few more seeds in my milk jug green houses.
The sunshine today was glorious. It is remarkable how fast the snow melted. Just Saturday, I thought we would be snow bound forever. Today, I think my cheeks got sunburned and Ike's fingernails have dirt in them for the first time.
I cleaned a few things.
And took care of Ike. I really like that part. He's so quick to smile, mischievous and fun.
Then 3pm came.
Then cello lessons, book club, picking up from a friend's, homework, practice, running to the store to get poster board, and dinner came.
It is literal whirlwind.
Then I packed everyone up in the van and we went to Sam's band concert.
He played well. They all did.
Claire had a really hard time sitting still and being quiet, however. She's eight.
So did Anna. She's six.
Elise brought a book.
And Ike was on my back and did pretty well the whole time.
Then we came home. There was some bickering in the car by the usual suspects.
And I said the usual things,
"Before you speak, think: Is it necessary? Is it kind?"
Which crescendoed into
"I AM GOING TO COUNT TO THREE AND EVERYONE BETTER BE QUIET!"
We finally read scriptures, said prayers, brushed teeth and got into bed.
Well the kids any way.
And here I am thinking about how I'm in the thick of life. It is busy and chaotic, but I love it. I choose this life! I want to drink, smell, revel in it.
The garage door opens. Good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment