Being outside keeps me sane.
Here is what we did LAST month, the sane and insane.
We celebrated another birthday:


Woohoo!
He hasn't changed much since the day I met him, more than 16 years ago. Sigh...I'm still so very crazy about him.
Jeremy got a new job this month. We are very proud of our Design Director. It is a huge blessing and answer to prayer.
It was Valentine's day. Which being interpreted means, chocolate and candy day.

Claire really wanted a chocolate rose that we saw at Target whilst shopping one day. I told her, "Maybe for Valentine's," since, you know, they put out the Valentine's candy right after Christmas. For days after, every once in a while she would drop a little reminder like this:
I wonder what it would feel like if somebody loved me enough to get me a chocolate rose for Valentine's?
Hmmm....I wonder that too, Claire!
Hee hee.
So now she knows.



I didn't forget Sam or Elise.

Elise chose to save her chocolate, so no picture.
HOWEVER,
I have plenty of pictures from the sixth grade dance. They had a 50's theme, so all the girls wore poodle skirts and the boys wore leather jackets and white t-shirts and jeans. They had been learning social dances for a few months so it was fun for them to try their moves out on the dance floor.
Kinda funny how most of the girls are taller than the boys at this stage of the game.



She had lots of fun and the dance was so well planned.
Oh how she's growing up!

I got a big surprise on Valentine's when this big box showed up on our doorstep bearing this on the label:

This was inside:

I was really tempted to follow the directions on the box and devour ALL of them.
But I didn't.
It was a gift from my mom and dad for our whole family.
Wowee wow! Did we feel loved!
There was still a lot of snow in February.


So we did crazy things like:
learn how to get into the fridge.

and we played Apples to Apples while eating HighChews.

We like HighChews, but we cannot buy them again for a while.

And I took some pictures of my reluctant thirteen year old.



Just stop going so fast, time. I'm not sure if my heart can take it. When I first started blogging, these kiddos were so much smaller.
I feel such an urgency to hang on to this time, these moments. I love having everyone with me. The noise, the mess, the food, the laundry, the squabbles, and yes, even the nagging. These will I all miss, when they go their way into the world.
And now I will stop, because my eyes are getting teary.
February 2013 was a good month.
1 comment:
Nice one. I like to read... Coimbatore Travels
Post a Comment