Mar 21, 2012

For Granted

Today I won't nag you about your Health Assignment.
Or your spelling, cello practice, coat on the floor, socks under the table, or books left in the bathroom.

We can worry about that another day.

Today I want to hear what's on your mind. What was lunch like? How was the bus ride home? Who is your favorite teacher? Why?

What are you worried about? What did you like about your day? What do you like about yourself? Did you notice the buds on the trees? They will explode into leaves soon. Didn't the warm sun feel fantastic after two days of snow?

Can I hold you in my arms for just a sec? Please, just a minute more?  Will you giggle and smile if I make a funny face like you did when you were so much smaller?

Someday you will read this.
I do more than just nag.
I worry and hope and love love love you.
Today I want to show it.
And not take you for granted.
_MG_2793

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So sweet! I love the expression on Anna's face.

Sharalea said...

YES!! I want to do this every day...but I really don't do it ENOUGH.

Alan and Jeni said...

This brought tears to my eyes. Thanks, Sonja. Beautiful.

Jessumca said...

Sweet! I love this. Love you and your family Sonja! :)